AGM 2021 Report
The Public Officer Helen Matthews announced that 21 Voting Delegates were present at the AGM; therefore, a quorum was present.
The Annual Reports, previously circulated and available on the Network website were presented, with some explanations in relation to the Financial Report from the Acting Secretary Roger Curran.
The Returning Officer, Shirley Sinclair, announced the results of the election of the Executive Officers:
- President – Robert Birrer (Kempsey Macleay Valley U3A);
- Vice President – Denis Simond (Shoalhaven U3A) elected from a field of 3 nominees (after a tie between two of them was resolved by the toss of a coin, in accordance with the Constitution);
- Treasurer – Denise Challis (Hawkesbury U3A); and
- Secretary – Helen Matthews (Macarthur U3A).
- Committee Members/Regional Representatives were: Jean Lewis (Central Coast/Hunter Valley); Lindsay Cox (Central/Far West); James Nichterlein (Monaro South East); Greg Brown Murrumbidgee/Murray); Joy Smith (Far North Coast); and Denis Simond (South Coast).
The position of Committee Member /Regional Representative for the Sydney Metropolitan Region was decided by a vote of delegates present at the AGM from that region: Jim Mutton.
There were no nominees for the positions of Committee member/ Regional Representative for the New England/North West and Mid North Coast Regions, and they remain unfilled.
A Vote of Thanks to Shirley Sinclair as Returning Officer was passed by acclamation.
A Vote of Thanks to retiring members of the Committee was moved by incoming President Bob Birrer, and passed by acclamation.
A Notice of Motion to increase membership fees was withdrawn, and the Secretary advised that a Special General Meeting will be conducted online in the near future to consider the issue.